Wednesday 15 May 2013

AM NOT ILLUMINATI; ASUNTA

top it, I’m not a member of the Illuminati

  Share Bookmark Print Rating
PHOTO | FILE Asunta Wagura with other Kenyan flagbearers of the Olympic Torch last year. They are, from left, Evans Wadongo, Paul Tergat, and Cecilia Mwangi.
  Asunta Wagura with other Kenyan flagbearers of the Olympic Torch last year.0


“That’s right. Let’s meet at our church and have coffee,” I replied, because I had had enough and did not mind what people were saying as long as I knew I was right with God. What I was doing, basically, was calling this person’s bluff.
In my life, I have had tonnes of sticks, stones, and abuses thrown my way, so I have developed a thick skin. One of the things I have learnt is that whatever I do or do not do, someone somewhere will always say something negative.
Got the “I’m HIV-Positive” T-shirt
It reminds me of years back when some people claimed that I was not HIV-positive. That I was doing this to make money. This is not a business: it is a matter of life and death.
I wish these people would have been able to see through my skin and into my internal organs and witnessed what this virus was doing to me.
They do not know about my sleepless nights and killer side effects of drugs that are supposed to prolong my life, the stigma and discrimination, and the whole maddening kit that HIV throws.
Just because I have dodged death this long, played hide-and-seek with opportunistic infections, and appear to be hale and hearty does not mean that I am less HIV-positive than other people who are living with HIV.
The price of fame.
The Facebook incident happened after I had heard through the grapevine the rumours some people were spreading about me. That I had sold my soul to the devil.
I had to Google-search it
I did not know what Illuminati meant. I had to Google-search it find out what the word means. I heard that I, together with several other prominent personalities whom I had never met, belonged to the Illuminati.
There are things with weight and substance that demand a right of reply. And there are other insinuations that one should not even waste their time and breathe replying to. For the longest time, I have wanted to share this, but I told myself that I would be stooping to these people’s level.
Silence is golden, but it can also be taken as a sign of consent. To set the record straight, I am giving you all the secret organisations I belong to. Be warned, this is highly classified stuff, people.
They are Kenya Network of Women with Aids (KENWA), my family of one partner and six children, my Bible-believing church, my women’s chama, and my group therapy.
The cause of all bad things
“She was involved in a car accident … she disappeared for several days and reappeared with a new car.”
“See all these people who are dying? She has a hand in their deaths. They are the human sacrifices she’s giving for more wealth.”
These are just some of the things some people have been saying to back their claims that I worship the devil.
For starters, vehicle accidents have been happening since Ford rolled the first car off the assembly line.
I do not know the statistics, but I guess tens of accidents happen on Kenyan roads daily. If they are caused by the Illuminati, then why are we even talking about traffic rules?
Because my car was written off, I obviously had to get a new one. That is my mode of transport.
Wealth is viewed with morbid suspicion
Since I signed on the dotted line that I would be working in this field, I literally poked the Grim Reaper in the eye. Anyone who knows me knows that I try my best to save lives. That I even use my own resources to make sure our members live longer, fulfilled lives.
The other thing that has prompted some to conclude that I am in the Illuminati is the obvious. Blessings of wealth and health that God has graciously bestowed upon me.
I have realised that in some socio-economic quarters, wealth is viewed with morbid suspicion. Especially for a person like me who barely two decades ago was living in a one-room house in Kayole, which I could ill afford.
Yet now God has blessed me with a home in the suburbs.
In essence, we are saying that God’s blessings business went under and now Satan has the monopoly. If we will not ditch our stinking thinking, I am afraid that we will not be able to pursue and possess the wondrous blessings God has in store for us.
Yes, I am not perfect. I am just a woman who is being favoured by God.
DAILY NATION

No comments:

Post a Comment